2015 Home Decor Trends. I have searched the internet and read many articles on the subject of what the home decor trends will be in 2016. There are a lot of ideas of what will be trending in the coming year. As a matter of fact, there are so many that it would be impossible to list them all in this article. I have narrowed down what I have found to 7 trends that I like.
1. Wall Paper – In 2015 the wall paper trend was ’70s style patterns. So what are we in store for in 2016?
Natural Surfaces – The look of natural facades using wood, stone and brick patterns.
Retro Geometrics – This comes in a wide range of vibrant colors to ultra-modern block designs with a distinctly urban flavor via retro chic,
Metallic matte – Specifically turquoise and copper.
Sweet Pastels – Subtle, calm and muted hues will be the trend.
2. Bringing the Outdoors In – Home owners are experimenting with bringing nature in to their homes. They will be purchasing furniture that can be used outside as well as inside. For the interior of the home the trend will be wall decor depicting outdoor themes, table top water fountains and small plants in pots.
3. Artisan Goods – This can be anything from basketry and tassels to crochet and macrame, weaving is a good choice also. Home owners should not be afraid to mix artisan goods with mass produced items. It is okay to mix a Persian rug or an artisan stool with a table from your local store.
4. Minerals – Minerals of all types will be in. Look for bowls of pyrite, quartz chunks as display pieces and bowls with unpolished semi-precious stones.
5. Decorative Tiles – According to home designer’s decorative backsplashes have been going strong for many years. Expect to see an increase in geometric patterns that add the illusion of fluid movement. The use of wood and cement will aid in achieving this look. This will be seen on floors, countertops or backsplashes.
6. Metals and Metallics – Trends in decorating the home are reminiscent of the 50s and 70s. The use of gold, brass and metallic finishes will be popular. So be prepared to embrace the retro bling.
7. Ethnic Prints – The use of tribal prints, African inspired textiles and accessories and globally influenced shapes, patterns and colors. The design world has been using tribal themes as a standard but in 2016 the design world will use these themes with new and bold interpretations.
Like every other year, 2016 too brings along impressive and inspirational home décor trends for homeowners worldwide. In this article, we put forward the 6 hottest home décor trends that you would want to follow in your home this 2016. Read further to know what these trends are, and what do the experts think of them!
#1 How are the colors doing in the year 2016?
In 2016, we are witnessing a huge preference towards colors that look rich and warm, and, therefore, darker shades will be a closer choice by interior designers. You will come across many designers who have gained a lot of inspiration from contemporary paint palettes that are based on Georgian blues and classy Victorian reds.
In addition, we will also continue to see a strong preference for fabric designs that are influenced by the tropics, and, of course, even the wallpapers making powerful statements will remain to be a vital aspect of interior designing.
Designers continue to believe that plenty of trends of 2015 have been carried forward into 2016. For instance, pastel looks are not going anywhere and we will see a massive use of them in artworks.
#2 Flooring trends
In the year 2016, flooring is an art. Graphic tiles are be a big hit among designers and home owners. There has been a dramatic move seen towards graphic tiles and geometric-like patterns in floor tiles.
Some of the designers anticipated a comeback of big and bold floral prints, in addition to copper and rose gold trend that was already such a massive hit in the year 2015. Well, on the other hand, there are a few designers who don’t think this trend to last for very long and that it may pass eventually.
Although copper was a major hit among the designers in the year 2015, it is expected that copper will begin to wane and will be soon replaced by brass and gold. Home owners are now looking at exclusive artisanal items that look elegant and timeless. Of course, the love for metallics is still seen in the year 2016; however, the love will not be shown through copper but with brass and gold.
So all homeowners out here, go for metallic purchases this year!
#4 Going green
More and more number of homeowners are becoming climate conscious and their perceptions are being reflected in the choices they make in their daily living. Home is one such place where they like to go green, and, thankfully, with myriad of options available to homeowners who are worried about greenhouse emissions, there is a lot of new and innovative home décor ideas trending. For instance, preference in roofing has changed over the years. Homeowners are now laying more emphasis on green materials. And, mind you, sustainable options need not be dull and boring. Get in touch with the best roofing company and know about various sustainable options available.
#5 Say adieu to formal dining rooms
Unarguably, the formal dining rooms are surely going the dinosaurs’ way. Formal dining rooms are a thing of the past, and in the year 2016, homeowners and designers like to keep it simple and informal.
#6 Saying yes to less
We have seen our parents and grandparents holding on the materialistic things for years; however, all this is changing as the way people think is changing. These changed thoughts have given rise to minimal design trends. The trend of creating a clutter-free space is now gaining momentum.
A Quick Wrap!
Hopefully these above mentioned 6 home décor trends of 2016 will help you get inspiration into styling your home optimally.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9497005