Here’s a novel idea! For those who can’t make it to the wilds of Africa and experience a safari first hand, how about bringing the safari right to your home.
The popularity of African safari decor has been literally exploding in the past few years and has become a very popular form of decoration for children’s rooms. Parents are going online in droves looking for ideas to decorate their kid’s rooms but the truth is, you don’t need to spend a fortune doing it.
African Safari Decor Ideas
Yes, you could head to the nearest exotic shop and buy African safari decor but if you are on a budget, then this cost could become rather prohibitive.
Let’s take a look a few ideas to turn your son’s or daughter’s room into a safari setting. Remember, this can be an ongoing project so it doesn’t need to be done in a hurry.
– For the effect of vines, material such as braided twine is relatively inexpensive and by heading down to your nearest dollar store, you can pick up either green paper or garland and create a leafy look. Simply hang your vines from the ceiling.
– Also to create an effect of growing vines, wrap some of the twine along your curtain rods and around the outside of the door frame.
– For animal effect, head down to your nearest charity store and pick up toys which would match an African setting. Lions, monkeys giraffes – as long as they are native to Africa. There is no limit to the number of toys you could find. Yard sales are another great place to pick up old toys on the cheap.
– For greater effect, painting a mural on one or two of the walls with a jungle theme will add a real touch of the exotics to a room.
– Bamboo and palm plants are excellent for creating a more realistic jungle effect.
– Transform a layer of netting into a hummock and put it in a corner of the room.
– African ornaments such as drums, spears and shields may take a little finding at the right price but can only give the room more Africa-style flavor. This is true African safari decor and worth looking for.
– Cut out animal pictures from books and paste them around the room. Use animal covered wrapping paper to decorate further and use a safari hat and a pair of binoculars for further effect.
Want The best tips and tricks in preparing for an African safari vacation [http://www.african-safaris-site.com/africansafariarticles.html]? Don’t spoil your African safari trip [http://www.african-safaris-site.com/wp] by being unprepared.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/1033640